Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Healthy You Check In & Weigh In

Ahhhh it's Tuesday once again. I've been a day ahead of myself the last two days (thinking yesterday was Tuesday and that today is Wednesday). Maybe that just shows how badly I want this week over and how much I'm looking forward to the coming weekend? I have three finals and a midterm this week... well, one final is down already (had it this morning). It was done online so I already have my mark. I got 93% on the final, which makes my final mark for the class about a 96%. I think I can be happy with that :)

Anyhow.. on to this morning's weigh in. I was down 2.8 lbs so that's definitly in the right direction. Honestly though, I didn't do well with eating on the weekend at all so I'm glad I still had a loss but can't really feel super proud of myself or anything. Plus it's a portion of these same stupid 5lbs that I've lost about 5 times now in the last few months. But I am determined to make this be the final time. The day I reach "virgin" weight and weigh in under 220, I'll be thrilled! Then I'll feel like I'm making actual progress again. Seven pounds to go for that..

The one thing that I CAN feel proud about doing is getting back into the whole routine of working out. I ventured down to the gym on campus last Tuesday and have been there 4 times since then. My friend also twisted my arm into going swimming and I found that I love it! I think part of the reason that I'd been dragging my butt about going back to the gym was that I was bored with it. After accomplishing running a 5K and a 10K this summer, I was sick of running too. So, swimming may just be the new thing for me, or at least a combination of gym and swim.

Anyways, gotta keep it on the short side for now.. got a ton of homework to do. Just keeping my eye on the prize (so to speak) - I'm going up to Edmonton Friday after school to spend the weekend with my man! Hurray!

6 comments:

angie said...

I am so with you on getting to that "virgin" weight! I was about 220 when I got married a little over 16 years ago. I want sooooooo bad to be below that number! Let's get there together!!!! I'll be cheering for you!

Heather said...

I think it sounds like you had a great week! congrats on your tests, your weight loss, and getting yourself to the gym so much. Way to go!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Successes all around you! Congrats on the loss and the fantastic test results. I'm pulling for you to see 219!

Susie said...

hi--long time , no comment or visit from me..I am sorry. I have slacked. I love the look of your blog!!!!and I love how well you are doing. Way to stick with it! Enjoy your trip to Edmonton.
:)
Susie

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, congrats on your loss! Enjoy your weekend!

Hanlie said...

Well done on those excellent grades and the loss!