Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Healthy You Check In & Weigh In

I had to cross my fingers as I stepped on the scale today and fortunately, everything turned out okay. After my big loss last week (5lbs), I knew it would be harder to have a good loss this week, plus the fact that I was at a wedding all weekend and totally not in control of what I was able to eat as we were out in the middle of no where. I managed to stay the same so I am happy with that.

The wedding was awesome fun though, after all, I was there with my boyfriend and child-free (for the first time ever!!) so how could it not be fun?? LOL. Tons of driving though - I think it was about 17 hours on the road between Friday afternoon and Sunday night UGH. My lower back is still sore from sitting so much. But all in all, not one complaint. And the kids faired just fine without me, though Grandma is still a little tired.

And what is it about weddings that make you start planning your own? LOL Mike has asked me about 5 times now to marry him but not "officially" - meaning, no ring yet. But, we did decide that planning a wedding looks like way too much work (not to mention money) so we're thinking that heading down to somewhere tropical and getting married barefoot on the beach is much more our style. Anyone done that and have any tips? Apparently we're going ring shopping next weekend when he comes down to visit. And yes, that makes me feel very giddy :)

I'm trying really hard to get back on track food-wise today as I really want to meet my goal of losing 6 lbs by the end of the month, which means I need a loss of at least 1lb this week. I heard that the gym at school is totally state of the art and not all that crowded so I really need to find a way to check that out. My goal is to go at least once this week. Baby steps, right?

5 comments:

Lovebug6100 said...

My husband and I got married in Vegas and it was definately one of the most intimate and neatest things we've done. We even had Elvis walk me down the isle and sing....your idea sounds wonderful!

Heather said...

glad you were able to pull a maintain! sounds like you had fun at the wedding (and I know what you mean, everytime I go to a wedding I get "wedding fever"!

Allison said...

I suppose I should go ahead and offer my congratulations on getting engaged, since you're going ring shopping, it sounds official!

Hanlie said...

Wow, it really IS your year!

Craig and I eloped to a country resort. It was so special! I don't regret it for one moment - we saved ourselves a ton of money, work and stress. I knew I wasn't going to like being the center of attention in a large group of people and was only too happy to avoid that. Only our parents were in attendance and afterwards we sent out announcements to our friends, family and colleagues.

I realy recommend something like this!

Carolyn said...

EXCITING!
I can tell you that big wedding sSUCK for planning and money, but for me it was somethign I had to do. But to go away somewhere would be my second dream in a heartbeat!!! MExico is cheap!
I love readin gyour blog... :D CONGRATS!a