Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Run Update and WI #18

I meant to get on here last night to give my little update about the run but I couldn't find my USB cable to get the pics from my camera. Anyways, first things first. The run was incredible!!!!! Even though I had had an awful sleep the night before (I was waking up every 10-15 minutes, afraid I would sleep in), I woke up and was totally pumped! Baby K and I headed downtown by 8am and my mom and T were going to find their way to a spot along the race route to cheer us on. Baby K and I were a team... she rode along in the jogging stroller and loved every second of it.

I would say that the waiting before the race began was the worst/best part. There were over 13,000 of us down there and becaue I had a stroller, I had to be at the back of the pack (although I did manage to get my way in front of all the people walking). As we waited.... and waited... I felt like such an idiot. The whole realization of what I was doing was overwhelming. I was going to run a REAL 5K! Me?!?! I wasn't worried about the run itself as I've run 5K several times now the last few weeks but the emotions and the excitement of actually being there and doing it was almost too much for me to handle. While the crowd around me was laughing and happy, I was making my feable attempts at holding back the tears. Yes, I was going to do it. I made a goal and I was now prepared to kick it's ass. Part of me also felt a little sad that I was doing it alone (well, except for baby K). I had been trying to get some of my family members to do it with me, but to no avail. Everyone just thought I was crazy. *sigh* Maybe next year.

Anyways.. here we are, inching our way to the start line.. the gun had already gone off at this point and we are almost there!


Here's what I saw when I looked straight up! We were lucky to have perfect running weather!


And looking straight down... hehe notice the bottle - it kept her occupied the entire run!


The run itself was great. The first 10 minutes or so kinda sucked, as the first 10 minutes of any run sucks (for me anyways) and I was trying to get out of the crowds and get by people so I was running faster than my regular pace. But I got into my groove eventually and the run literally flew by! When I was approaching the finish line, I could not believe we were already done!

Here we are right after.


And me and my girls once we finally met up again.


And the best news is that I'm not sore today!! No actually, I have more good news. I'm down 2.2lbs!! Which means that I reached my goal of losing 10 lbs by Mother's Day. So for now, I'm definitely sticking with the Wendie plan. It seems to be working!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a blast! You look great by the way and way to go on kicking another 2.2lbs to the curb!

Felicia said...

Omgosh! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos. Thanks so much for sharing them. CONGRATS on the weight loss. JUST AWESOME!!

Have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

wow great job! that sounds like a lot of fun and im glad that you dont feel sore.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Okay, i admit it. I cried. :) I'm so happy you achieved this awesome goal! Thanks so much for sharing the experience with us!

(Oh, btw, your success is showing! I see it when I see these photos alongside your sidebar. yaay!)

Hanlie said...

What a fun post! And great pictures! I am so proud of you! Well done, Holly!

Manuela said...

Love the pictures--where are you at? Looks like it was a great day.

Congrats on the weight loss too. I think I need to mix it up a bit. I'm getting bored and I need to kick it up a notch.

Have a great day!

Shirls said...

how incredibly inspiring! congrats girl you look and did something truly fab!

Carolyn said...

OMG OMG OMG... wow. I'm so happy for you! That must have been a terrific feeling! YOur girls are beautiful, just like their mama!
I'm over-impressed. You kicked that goal's butt to high heaven! good for you!!! I wish I had read that earlier... so busy.
YOU ROCK!