Friday, January 11, 2008

Do I Believe?

I've never considered myself one to believe in psychics and I've never been into fortune telling, tarrot cards, etc. In fact, I've been raised to think all of that stuff is evil and bad. But, as a super belated birthday gift, my cousin sent me to a psychic last Tuesday. It was actually very interesting... and may have made a believer out of me. Without meeting me or even speaking to me, Jenny had a 5 page write up for me when I arrived. The only information she knew about me was my birthdate. Well, I was blown away. About 90% of the things she had written, I could really identify with.

She said that I am extremely devoted and close to my parents. This is very true, especially since the girls and I have moved in with them since my ex and I split.

She said that I am good with color and with design and home decor. Well, I don't really know how good I am but graphic design and home decorating are two things that I really enjoy.

She knew that I had had a broken marriage but that I would marry again to a wonderfully solid and supportive man. She also mentioned that I might marry into money (wouldn't that be nice! LOL).

She wrote "Court decisions that restore balance are possible." Could she have been refering to when I go to court to get a divorce?

Anyways, there was plenty more but I won't bore you with the details. The one thing that was emphasized to me was that there are currently chains around my neck. They are loosely draped, not choking me, but they are now loose and ready to be removed. Jenny told me that this is my year to do that. And I agree because that's the feeling that I had already been having and preparing myself for.

Oh! But there was one kinda freaky thing that happened there -As I was driving to her house, I was asking myself what the one thing that I wanted to know from her was - will I actually persevere and lose the weight this time? And get this, after sitting down with her and getting pleasentries out of the way, the first thing she said to me was "Don't worry, you're going to lose the weight." Boy, I sure hope she's right.

I've done pretty on that weight-loss journey this week though. I registered on Weight Watchers online on Monday the 7th and have been on program all week. I've worked out at the Y three times so far and on the two days that I didn't, I walked for at least 30 minutes around my neighbourhood. So, we'll see how the weigh-in goes on Monday. So far I haven't experienced any hunger. In fact, I feel like I'm cheating because I feel so full! So if this works, what could be better?

2 comments:

Angela Power said...

I've done that a few times when I was a teenager and it was pretty freaky for sure. I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in the things that provide hope and encouragement for sure. I think there's something to it for sure!

Selma said...

Although, I'm not a psychic believer. I definitely believe in believing in something. Good luck on the journey.