Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I fell down but I'm getting back up!

I wrote yesterday how I was worried about not having control over what my food would be today at the training day I had to attend. Well, I was tempted and I failed. I started my day well with a quick bowl of Special K and skim milk... arrived at the meeting and saw these luscious fruit skewers (YUM!)... and MUFFINS!! I thought hey, one muffin won't hurt. I selected the smallest little bran muffin I could find. Then coffee break came and I was bored stiff. One more muffin will be ok, right? Blueberry this time. Then lunch break. And honestly, there were no good choices for a girl who's trying to lose weight. Cream of broccoli soup, salad with some kind of creamy dressing, egg salad sandwiches and then... right there on the table were trays of delicious looking nanaimo bars and other assorted squares. CRAP!

Well, the good news is that I tracked everything, I didn't go over my weekly points and I have another 5 days to work it off before my next weigh in. And the even better news is that I didn't let it throw me off course completely. I came home and had a bowl of low-point soup and some FF ham for a quick and healthy dinner. And then I called the Y and booked babysitting for the girls tomorrow morning so I can get a big workout in. Normally I would have figured what the hey and ate a bunch more crap but I didn't! I'm not THAT girl anymore.

3 comments:

Teale said...

You did great! There's always gonna be temptations like that, and you just work with them as best as possible, then make up for it the next meal! You did great!

Selma said...

I agree. Keep on going on the bad days. It's before noon and I only have 8 points left. SHOOT! Oh well, at least I'm finally full. (Te-he) Anyway, we all have those days, just make up for it later.

Also, thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate the support.
Selma

Chubby Chick said...

Good for you! You counted your points... and lived your life... and all is well! :)