Thursday, January 17, 2008

*sigh* Kids...

So, I bundled up the kids and made the trek out in the snow this morning to the Y. T (almost 4) is super excited because she hasn't gone to babysitting at the Y in a long time and she loves the ladies that work there. I drop her off and then go to drop K (15.5 months) off in the baby room. She starts clinging to me as soon as I open the door. Then it's more like a death grip onto my neck. I try to pry her little fingers off me and the screaming starts. Greaaaaat. So I take her over to the toys and sit down with her and try and engage her with the other kids. She wouldn't have any of it. It was like she needed her entire body surface to be touching mine and the minute I tried to sit her bum on the floor, she'd start grasping at me and the crying would start. After trying to leave her for half an hour, I gave in and knew today was not the day for me to work out at the Y.

I couldn't help but be disapointed and maybe even a little frustrated. I really wanted to work out. She was FINE there last Saturday. But then again, on Saturdays they have the big kids and little ones in the same room so she was with sister.

So, we bundled up again. Now T was kicking and screaming because she didn't get to stay in babysitting for "long enough". Fun times! LOL

Once I got clingy K down for a nap, I decided this would be the day that I unwrap my 5 mile Advanced Walk DVD by Leslie Sansone. And it was great! The box set I got included 2lb hand weights, a walk belt and a toning band. This is the first time I've ever done one of her workouts, and by no means do I consider myself advanced but you can totally customize how you want your workout by selecting the each mile individually, two, three, four or all five miles. Two of the miles are more fast paced to get the cardio level up really high and three of the miles are more moderate and use the accessories. It's perfect for people like me who are really uncoordinated and don't have previous aerobics experience because all of the moves are really basic, yet really effective. I only got through 3 miles today before K woke up but I still got in a good 40 minute workout.

I'm making my grocery list tonight and trying to plan some suppers... I've searched through recipes at the WW site and a few other sites as well. What are your faves? I always need meal ideas!

I did pretty well eating today:
Breakfast: Yogurt with 1tsp wheat germ, one mandarin orange
Lunch: 1 cup Healthy Request Herbed Chicken Noodle Soup, 1 whole wheat english muffin with melted 2% cheese, apple
Dinner: Smart Ones Santa Fe Rice and Beans (yum yum), 1 serving chicken breast, all on top of a plate of greens

I'm sipping a mug of International French Vanilla Cappucino right now. It only has 1 point per serving so you can't really go wrong with that. It's totally like dessert to me. Anyways, enough rambling for today :)

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

Sorry it didn't work out at the Y!

I love the Leslie Sansone walking videos! Congrats on getting in such a great workout!