Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wow - 31 points! I feel good!

That's how many Activity Points I've earned so far this week and I still have one more workout to go before I weigh in. Maybe that's not huge for everyone but it is for me. The only day that I didn't get in any exercise was the day I sat in training all day. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up this pace once I am working out of the home 5 days a week but for now, it's good.

I know I've only been doing this now for 2 weeks (2nd weigh in is tomorrow) but I can definitely feel changes in my body. For example, when I slathering myself in lotion as I do daily in this dry winter weather, I felt a real difference in my thighs. They were just.. I don't know.. a little firmer and harder. It's amazing. And looking in the mirror, I *think* I can see a slight difference in my face also. I could be imagining things though. I'm starting to envision myself as a thin person too. Yesterday when I was at the Y, I saw this woman working out who was about my height, larger-framed but very fit and athletic looking. I wonder if that's what I'll look like. I've never been thin. Never in my life. I've always been the big girl... the chubby girl... the "solid" girl. Imagining myself thin is just plain exciting. Imagining myself fit and running around with my kids, crawling around on the floor with them instead of just sitting.... these are the images that motivate me. I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel proud of what I see, instead of avoiding mirrors altogether or looking and feeling disgusted.

Anyhow, enough rambling. Today was an OK eating day. Red River cereal for breakfast.. then someone dared bring cookies to church and put them on the coffee table. I would have been good if I could have avoided them altogether but K saw them and threw a temper tantrum until I gave her some. Normally I wouldn't have given in to a tantrum like that but it's a little more difficult when you're out in public and you're trying to keep your kid quiet. So, I had 1.5 chocolate chip cookies. I felt like crap about it even though I realize that's really not the end of the world. I even went and did an extra workout this afternoon after church when I was planning to just relax today. Anyhow, I had a ham sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin and an apple for lunch, a yogurt with wheat germ when I got home from the gym and healthy portions of the turkey dinner my dad made for supper. It was tough to have no gravy though! Tonight though, I'm feeling snacky. I think it's because I'm avoiding my work. So far I've had a serving of Smart Pop popcorn (2 points) and then an Oatmeal to Go bar. Those things are awful at 4 points each! So, I'm not really over on points but I did eat my AP for the day and I normally don't. Just hoping my WI is favorable tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Sounds like you've been doing great, girl! Congrats on all the exercise you've been getting in! :)

Selma said...

That is amazing for Activity points! COOL!!! It's great that you are seeing yourself differently now.

Selma

Teale said...

That's a great deal of APs! You should be proud, great work!

Unknown said...

Wow! 31 AP's. Awesome. I'm not sure I've ever gotten that many in one week! WTG. And the cookie thing? It's not all or nothing. A treat here or there is not only ok, but necessary.

Keep up the good work!